Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Installation: Multiple Versions of Omniscope? - Visokio Forums
Installation: Multiple Versions of Omniscope?
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down     Bart September 5, 2014 6:42AM
    Hi,

I know that you can have only two versions of Omniscope on your machine. But is there a way to implement something for the future to have more than two ? I am currently working with three version. Whenever I want to use third version I need to reinstall Omniscope which is quite annoying in the long run.
  • 4 Comments
  •     bfromson1 September 5, 2014 11:00AM
    3.0 is available?
  •     steve September 6, 2014 4:30AM
    Bernard, it's pre-alpha, and not much different to 2.9 so far. Will be alpha partner release shortly.
  •     mustafa September 8, 2014 8:08AM
    There is no automatic way to do it through the installer.

However, you can do this manually, by copying the entire installation folder to the new location.

Multiple Omniscope installations

Note: The below assumes you have two installations of Omniscope already (one for current user and the other for all users).

1. Make a note of the current version installed for current user by starting the application and going to Help > About...

2. Install the version of Omniscope you want to have alongside your current user installation and all userslocation - for current user only.

3. Start Omniscope, click to Help > About...

4. Go to the installation location mentioned in the dialog.

5. Copy the entire installation directory i.e. "Visokio Omniscope app" to the new location.

6. Re-install version noted in first point above for current user only/All users.

You will need to create your own desktop shortcuts for the third version which you copied.

•     Bart September 8, 2014 8:28AM
    It all worked, thank you Mustafa.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged