Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Aggregation: Calculating weighted means? - Visokio Forums
Aggregation: Calculating weighted means?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 15, 2014 8:40AM
    Hi All,

I am encountering a problem that I am aggregating a rather large dataset, but I am not able to choose a weight for the fields that I want to result as the average of the aggregated data.

Do you get what I mean?

The same problem is occuring as discussed in http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2606/aggregation-why-are-some-fields-not-editables.

Please advise.

(Using custom build: Hotfix Function not supported 2.8 b 1276)
  • 9 Comments
  •     mustafa August 16, 2014 4:14AM
    Hi Alex,

Can you send us the file?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 18, 2014 10:24AM
    Hi Mustafa, I will send the file to your email.

Thanks
  •     mustafa August 18, 2014 11:57AM
    Thank you Alexander, we will take a look and get back to you.
  •     raymond August 19, 2014 5:44AM
    Hi Alexander, I've had a look at your problem, but I am not able to reproduce it using the build and file you are seeing this with. Could you write some more details surrounding how the problem occurred - is this an occasional occurrence, or is it consistent for the file you have? Does it only happen for certain kind of fields, or is it all fields with a mean? Anything special on the machine it happens on, like a very low screen resolution or similar?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 19, 2014 5:50AM
    Hi Raymond,

Are you using the hotfix build? We are using multiple schedulers on this server where the problem occured. Nothing else is special if you ask me.

This problem is for all aggregations in views in this build. I can show you, in a screen share if you like.
  •     raymond August 20, 2014 9:01AM
    Hi Alexander, thank you for screen share today. I have investigated a little, and found that the problem lies in the menu not taking into account the font settings properly - I was able to reproduce your problem if I change the font away from the application font to a taller one. I will look into fixing this, but you can try changing the font in the meanwhile as a workaround.
  • Alexander     Alexander August 21, 2014 7:20AM
    Raymond,

Our font is set on the application font. Taller or smaller fonts do not solve the problem.
    Please advise.
  •     raymond August 21, 2014 9:10AM
    Hi Alexander.

A new release of the hotfix build you are using should be available later today, possibly overnight at the latest. I'll send you a link for download when it is available.

In the meanwhile, in addition to font, the zoom level also affects this menu - lowering the zoom level might make the options show up properly. Other possible influences are the DPI settings of the system display, the resolution, and differences in the installed font files themselves. The new release should fix all these and ensure the menu works properly regardless of display and font.
  • Alexander     Alexander August 21, 2014 9:38AM
    Zooming does the trick, but then we need to go very small... We already got comments that fonts and menu's are too small.

We will download the build first thing tomorrow.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership