Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Web View: SSL website 403 error - Visokio Forums
Web View: SSL website 403 error
  •     rng July 29, 2014 4:52AM
    Unable to launch SSL based sites within the Web-View portal. A generic 403 'access denied' error message is returned.
    Is there a specific network setting within the Omniscope that has to be altered? I'm using Destop version 2.8

The site is an intranet site & smart-card certificate is used for client authentication.
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola July 29, 2014 5:26AM
    Error 403 usually means 'forbidden', so please check if you need some kind of permission to access the page.
    You could try to download 2.9 version from our download page, then turn the browser logging to INFO mode, and send us a bug report if the problem is still there.
    (revert browser logging to OFF after that)
    Option is in System > Advanced > Browser > Logging
  •     rng July 29, 2014 5:32AM
    Just added more details to my post above.
    The issue could be related to Omniscope brower's access to my certificate which could result in client authentication failure.
    Re version upgrade - unfortunately I cannot as its controlled centrally within the organisation. Is there a logging feature available in 2.8 at all?
  •     donald July 29, 2014 7:31AM
    In 2.8 you can enable "Log embedded browser to console"
    Settings -> Advanced -> Debugging & diagnostics ->Log embedded browser to console

With regard to the certificate, what format is the certificate ?

We have some notes for adding a certificate to the certificate keystore used by Omniscope. This involves copying the default certificate file supplied with Java and appending your certificate to it.

Although this is specifically about Amazon RDS the steps for appending the certificate can be used in your case. Use your certificate instead of the Amazon one in the notes.
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2651/data-sources-connecting-to-amazon-rds-database-mysql-using-ssl/p1

If this is unclear we can do a screen sharing session to guide you through it.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged