Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filters - Visokio Forums
Filters
  •     Valentina March 24, 2010 3:42PM
    Hi,
    I have a question about filters.If I have a tab with 4 different views how can I change the filters so that they will only applied to one view.Is it possible to do that?

Thanks in advance

Valentina
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate March 24, 2010 3:52PM
    Valentina - yes, but you must first take each combination of filter settings and save them as a Named Query using the Query drop-down on the Main Toolbar. Do a global reset, then set the first combination of Sidebar filters, confirm that the correct subset is showing, then use Query > Create query from filters and save the combination with a name. Dd another global reset, set a differnet combination of filters and repeat until you have defined a Named Query for each unique combination of filter settings. Now go to each View, and under Data Subset, point the view window at only the Named Query, which appear at the bottom of the Data Subset menu as each new Named Query is defined. If you want additional Sidebar filtering to work on the defined subset in the view, choose Filtered IN intersected with the Named Query.
  •     Valentina March 24, 2010 4:14PM
  • Guy_Cuthbert        Guy_Cuthbert March 30, 2010 3:12PM
    ... or, if you want the 'other three' views to show ALL data in ALL cases (i.e. never respond to filters) you can just set these three views to use the ALL data set (select from the first dropdown after the view type).
    Atheon Analytics Ltd
    w: www.atheonanalytics.com
    e: guy.cuthbert@atheon.co.uk
    t: +44 8444 145501
    m: +44 7973 550528
    s: guycuthbert
  •     Valentina April 7, 2010 12:35PM
    Thanks guys.Your answers have been really helpful.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership