Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Text Processing: Google Analytics string aggregation/counts? - Visokio Forums
Text Processing: Google Analytics string aggregation/counts?
  • Ben_Owens June 16, 2014 11:38AM
    I'm currently importing web usage data from Google Analytics.

We currently have some features that pass some details in the URL (below is a very simplified example to illustrate my case)

www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=ANUMBER

So I'm getting in my data set

www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=0000001; page count 2
    www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=0000002; page count 2
    www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=0000003; page count 2
    www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=0000004; page count 2
    www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=0000005; page count 2
    www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=0000006; page count 2
    www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=0000007; page count 2

I really want this as aggregated data

www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN* ; page count 14

I've not been able to find any regrex or way to manipulate the data within Visokio (new tool - it could be staring me in the face!!) to achieve this.

I've had a look on the forum but not seen anything there either.

Any ideas? I'm sure it will do this so any help will be gratefully received.

• 4 Comments
  •        daniel June 16, 2014 12:58PM
    You should make a term which they all fall under, just create a new field and use something like =left(Site Name , len(Site Name) - 8) which will make a new field that only says "www.mywebsite.com/fundfactsheets?ISIN=". You can then aggregate against this new field for page count. Note doing so will only give you a single column where all entries says 14.
  •     tjbate June 16, 2014 1:22PM
    Ben

In addition to many other (simpler) text processing options like the option above, Omniscope DOES support RegEx parsing, manipulation and re-writing of strings, e.g. you can use the REPLACEREGEX function to add new, manipulated text columns to your data set that aggregate, visualise, sort, filter and search better than your source data strings, such that your audience has a better interactive experience.

If simpler text processing options do not do the job, let us know the requirement together with a sample of your data set and we can help with the RegEx formula field.

You can also set text filter devices to implement/parse using RegEx by setting the filter type to 'Text Search', and under Search Type selecting the 'Regular Expression' option. You can save the result as a Named Query.
  •        daniel June 17, 2014 4:27AM
    Example attached
    Attachments
    Data Aggregation.iok 14K
  • Ben_Owens June 17, 2014 9:10AM
    Hi Both.

Thank you for your suggestions. Both very much appreciated. I have now found both the formula and regex editors which are great.

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership