Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
How can I persist which fields are exported - Visokio Forums
How can I persist which fields are exported
  •     mofleybk March 16, 2010 3:33PM
    In v2.5, Using [File-->Export-->Export file(s)] does not persist the columns selected for export. If users routinely need to export a specific set of columns, this can become very tedious as every single time the user will need to select their columns from the list.

A workaround is to add a Table View to a tab that only contains the columns you want to persist. Selecting [ViewTools-->Export view data] will present you with an Export dialog that has preselect only the columns defined in the Table View. It even persists the order of those columns.
  • 2 Comments
  •     steve March 17, 2010 7:26AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. We'll consider making the columns persist in future. However your workaround is a good solution - you might want to create a new tab specifically for this, so you don't pollute the views of your working tabs.
  • Guy_Cuthbert        Guy_Cuthbert March 30, 2010 3:23PM
    I like to do exactly this, usually on an "Export" tab, even going as far as to have several different tables on this "Export" tab - each with different columns visible, and different levels of aggregation (if needed); then I use the View Header to remind myself what the export is e.g. "export: FullData.XLS" or "export: TopClients.XLSX" etc.
    Atheon Analytics Ltd
    w: www.atheonanalytics.com
    e: guy.cuthbert@atheon.co.uk
    t: +44 8444 145501
    m: +44 7973 550528
    s: guycuthbert

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership