Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Webserver : LDAP / AD access - Visokio Forums
Webserver : LDAP / AD access
  •     bfromson1 June 13, 2014 5:02AM
    I'm trying to activate LDAP login to the mobile server but not yet succeeding

We have set up dedicate user and an appropriate security group on the LDAP server. Unfortunately when I try to login I get a failure to match a username to the specified group with the error message;

2014-06-13T09:53:18.144+0100 WARN [omniscope.service.mobilewebserver.server] - User bfromson successfully logged in active directory, however it cannot be found in this group: CN=Security Omniscope Users,OU=Security,OU=Global Groups,OU=London - 2 Gresham Street,OU=[Root],DC=uk,DC=corp,DC=investec,DC=com

while this looked at least partially promising as it appears that communication is occuring with the lDAP server I then tried another non existent userid and got the same message:

2014-06-13T09:53:31.832+0100 WARN [omniscope.service.mobilewebserver.server] - User invaliduser successfully logged in active directory, however it cannot be found in this group: CN=Security Omniscope Users,OU=Security,OU=Global Groups,OU=London - 2 Gresham Street,OU=[Root],DC=uk,DC=corp,DC=investec,DC=com

which suggests that the "successfully logged in active directory" part of the message may not mean the userid has been validated.

I can send you the folder.xml file separately if that would help.

Thanks.
  • 3 Comments
  •     donald June 16, 2014 12:56PM
    It looks like we may have a problem related to case sensitivity.

We need to extend the diagnostics and add a potential fix for this.

Can you please download this feature version which has these added.

http://downloads.visokio.com/omni29/auto/2-9-alpha-LDAP_Query_caseSensitiveAttributes_b1325/OmniscopeInstaller.exe

http://www.visokio.com/download/zanzibar?branch=alpha&feature=LDAP_Query_caseSensitiveAttributes

Can you email us directly with the extended logs once you have tried it ?

•     bfromson1 June 17, 2014 4:37AM
    Still having problems, I have sent the error log by e-mail
  •     Veaceslav June 19, 2014 5:00AM
    A new feature has been implemented to handle Bernard's use case and should be available in the next build.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership