Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scaling: Text character/string length limit per cell? - Visokio Forums
Scaling: Text character/string length limit per cell?
  • mattyh June 5, 2014 5:23AM
    I'm planning to import a fair amount of data from an API (currently only testing with small amounts so far) using the download link text feed. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a character limit for a single cell in Omniscope (as all data will initially be in one cell)?

Thank you, Matt
  • 4 Comments
  •     paola June 5, 2014 11:11AM
    This should be possible, but it's worth testing. You should be able to import large amount of data into single cell via an API, in the DataManager space. Once imported, in the same space you should use text mining and other operations to trim/filter and re-distribute the cell content before it is moved further.
  • mattyh June 6, 2014 4:36AM
    Thanks Paola,

I've used de-tokenise which is working well so far, is that ok or will that struggle when there's around 300k records to go through?
  •     paola June 6, 2014 7:12AM
    Please see the demo that loads RSS feed from the Reuters news into Omniscope. (on open click refresh data option to see the latest news stories). On the DataManager tab you can see the news stories loaded and displayed inside the table.
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2478

What would you like to do once the long text is inside the cell?
    I attach here list of Omniscope text mining functions that might come useful.
  • mattyh June 6, 2014 7:19AM
    Thanks Paola,

That RSS iok looks fantastic.

De-tokenise does the job for me and I managed to find a page with 5 milllion plus characters on which Omniscope downloaded with no problem at all, so it looks like it will be perfectly possible.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership