Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Search/Replace blank or no value records - Visokio Forums
Search/Replace blank or no value records
  • jforero     jforero March 12, 2010 9:21AM
    I am trying to replace blank/(no value) records to a specific new label using the function search/replace (applying data manager and inside omniscope) but for both methods, I don't obtain any replacement.
  • 1 Comment
  •     chris March 12, 2010 9:58AM
    Hi,

At the moment you cannot replace blank/(no value) records in the Search/Replace operation block in DataManager.

We are currently implementing functionality that would allow you to specify whether you want your 'Search/Replace' values to apply to the entire cell or part of the cell. If you select 'Entire cell' and leave the search field empty this would replace all blank/(no value) records.

This feature should be available in the next few days.

Regards

Chris
  • Kirsten_Tisdale October 15, 2010 10:06AM
    Chris

Hi, is this functionality now available? Just tried with no success.

Kirsten
  •     chris October 15, 2010 4:21PM
    Hi,

This functionality has been available for several months. Please download the latest release of Omniscope 2.6. Using DataManager connect your data block to a 'Search replace' block. Leave the 'Search for' field blank and check the 'Match entire cell' checkbox. All blank values should be replaced with your chosen replacement. This functionality is available in both DataManager and Omniscope DataExplorer. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Regards

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership