Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filtering: Querying for all non-null values in xml? - Visokio Forums
Filtering: Querying for all non-null values in xml?
  •     Bart May 14, 2014 6:51AM
    Hi,

When building the query in omniscope, is there a way to exclude value rather than select all values.

Let's say we have a field with values : null,A,B,C,D,E,F

I am deselecting value null, so we have A,B,C,D,E,F left only. Next I am building the query based on filters so in xml I am getting :

cellvalue column="Field" summary="No summary available">
    object value="A" type="String" />
    object value="B" type="String" />
    object value="C" type="String" />
    object value="D" type="String" />
    object value="E" type="String" />
    object value="F" type="String" />
    /cellvalue>
    /selection>

Rather than having this I would like to state something like :
    selection>
    cellvalue column="Field" summary="No summary available">
    object value!=null />
    /cellvalue>
    /selection>
    but I am getting an error saying that value needs to have "=" sign and it can't have "!=".

For now I need to build a new query whenever new value comes in, otherwise it doesn't work as it is selecting values which were selected in xml previously.

Bart
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve May 19, 2014 6:17AM
    Select a null cell and click Move. Create a query and export it. It should look something logically like NOT ( NULL ).

Generally, the XML format for queries is not public and transparent; you should use the UI to build them, then tailor existing XML structures rather than trying to hand-roll them yourself.
  •     Bart May 19, 2014 7:31AM
    Hi Steve,

This is what I did. And instead of having "something logically like NOT ( NULL )" , I got a list of values from "omni-rolled" xml structure. That's why I wanted to "hand-roll" my xml, because when new values coming in I need to add them manually to my query.
  •     steve May 20, 2014 5:05AM
    Bart, my instructions weren't quite right due to some aspects of the XML query format which confuse things. Try this:

<notselection>
    <nullsel column="Field 1" />
    </notselection>

You can substitute nullsel for cellvalue, if needed.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership