Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Security - setting password for file - Visokio Forums
Security - setting password for file
  •     emcelhatton@procurra March 10, 2010 9:21PM
    Using 2.6b 199. Set a password for the file but did not save the file. I thought any such change would create a prompt message on exiting the file, but this was not the case. The file closed without saving the password and therefore could be reopened without entering the password.

I repeated the exercise and after entering the passowrd twice as usual, saved the file and then closed. This saved the password and on next opening, the password was required to access the file

Eugene
    (Apologies if this is not the correct place for recording this discussion)
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve March 11, 2010 8:26AM
    Eugene,

Where exactly in the app did you set the password? What menus/buttons did you use? If you change a setting, you should be prompted to save, but we need to know where you made the change.

Steve
  •     emcelhatton@procurra March 11, 2010 8:35AM
    Steve,

I was most likely sitting on the first tab having already saved the changes to the file and I took the path: File > File Security > Password Protect File

It prompted me to enter password twice and I closed the file without saving manually. No prompt came to save again so I assumed the file was password protected. I ran a demo few days ago where the file was supposed to be protected and was not, so I was looking out for this on this occassion

Eugene
  •     steve March 11, 2010 8:41AM
    This is a bug - thanks for reporting it.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership