Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Refresh: Both Appending and Updating? - Visokio Forums
Refresh: Both Appending and Updating?
  •     nuriozlu April 30, 2014 12:44PM
    hi all

I would like to make a request ...my case;

We have two kind of data in some of our tables
    1-newly added rows ( new bookings with new booking ID )
    2-updated fields in older rows ( old bookings with some updated fields)

However, whenever we want to update the report it would be very nice to have an option of both updating the related fields of the previous rows and appending the newcomer rows at the same time.

When I use the append table function, the old ones will be duplicated or when i use the update function new rows will not be added?

It would be very helpful for us
    Kind regards
  • 2 Comments
  •     Bart April 30, 2014 12:49PM
    Hi,
    Why won't you use deduplicate block? From my understanding it would solve your problem.
  •     paola April 30, 2014 1:07PM
    You should create an IOK output from your file, something like Masterfile. This file can be used as source block (in the same file) to perform a merge operation with new data coming from another source.
    On Merge block in the DataManager you can decide to filter in non-matching records from the 'New bookings source', these are new records that are not already in the dataset, also the matches (existing bookings, already there).
    If the data from the 'New bookings source' is updated and more current, then you can use field picker to display relevant fields from this source, ignoring the fields in the Masterfile.
    You can alternatively create two or more merge blocks, in order to have different behaviour for matches and non-matches, with regards to which source should be given preference to populate particular field.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership