Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Custom map markers-image sets, colours and shapes - Visokio Forums
Idea: Custom map markers-image sets, colours and shapes
  • VoteVote Up5Vote Down peter_balfe March 27, 2014 1:31PM
    Hi,

I have been asked to produce a Map view report by our marketing team. Basically we wish to show on the map all our locations. We will also show on the same map the locations of a partner of ours. I was able to get this to show by the usual methods. But what the marketing team would like is to show a small graphic instead of the default marker. So for all our locations we show a small graphic and for all the partner we show their graphic (small logos) This was we can show the complementary locations of both our sites.

Can you let me know how I can do this?
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola March 27, 2014 2:22PM
    Currently you have several choices for marker shape (circles, stars, house, man etc.), but you cannot customise it an have a company logo. You could colour the marker and match the exact colour of a company logo, by 'picking the colour' off the company's website.
    Open the Web view next to the Map view, go to your/other website and then in the colour picker for the field (Data>Manage fields>Options>Value order, colours... ) choose Pick. Mouse-over the desired colour and hit space.
    This entry is re-classified as idea, so you and other users can vote for it.
  • peter_balfe March 28, 2014 5:05AM
    Hi Paola,

Can you let me know how I can display the 2 different colours on the map?

Peter
  •     paola March 28, 2014 6:22AM
    In the Map View colour menu choose [Company] field to colour by. Then from the main toolbar
    Data>Manage fields>Options>Value order, colours...
    customise the choice of colours and shapes for different values in the [Company] field.

Attachments
    DataManageFields.JPG 122K

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership