Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Formulae: Preserving selected formulas downstream? - Visokio Forums
Formulae: Preserving selected formulas downstream?
  • Master_Chief February 4, 2014 7:12AM
    Hi,

Is there anyway to only preserve certain formulas downstream, I want to perform a formula on a aggregated field which is itself another formula. I realise this can be done through using two Field Organiser blocks, however I was hoping to keep things cleaner.

Thanks,

Chris
  • 1 Comment
  •     paola February 4, 2014 9:17AM
    You might have to do this in two steps/two Field Organisers, depending on where your aggregation takes place.

I assume you are performing all actions inside the DataManager workspace ? (difference between creating formula fields in DataManager workspace vs multi-tab multi-view DataExplorer is that in first case all new data will automatically go through the pre-configured transformations in DM and formula fields' results will behave like static values once inside Omniscope.

If you were to add formula fields in the DataExplorer, results will respond to changes in input fields or interaction, e.g. if you are using variables.

A useful feature in DataManager is that you can export formulas from every Field Organiser block or the portable in-memory dataset Omniscope (blue block) by clicking on > Tools (spanner icon) > Export formulas, then on the target Field Organiser block>Tools (button at the bottom of the block) >Import formulas

You will see all the new formula fields now created inside that Field Organiser.

Please send us a screenshot or sample file so we can look into the best way to do this further.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership