Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Refresh: Batch Appends? - Visokio Forums
Refresh: Batch Appends?
  •     kmatrix999 October 29, 2013 10:24AM
    In DataManager I append 53 large files in a single folder into a single Visokio file. If I then change data in a single file the refresh then reads all 53 files again. Consequently, a refresh takes upward of 30 minutes instead of 1 minute. Am I missing a "get around" or does it just have to be this way?
  • 6 Comments
  •     tjbate October 29, 2013 1:01PM
    Martyn - Are you using a Batch Append Connector pointing at a single folder containing all 53 (and growing) files?
  •     kmatrix999 October 29, 2013 1:07PM
    Hi Tom- yes I am.
  •     tjbate October 29, 2013 1:10PM
    Is this time-sliced data, in other words...historic (weekly?) files that never change, and only the latest week's new 'timeslice' added to the folder?
  •     kmatrix999 October 29, 2013 1:17PM
    It's once a year data for 53 different countries (4000 rows and 200 columns each). But I use Visokio file to identify data errors in a country file and then go and corrent it. It may only be a single country error, but when I refresh it reads them all, even though only one has changed.
  •     tjbate October 30, 2013 9:23AM
    Given that any one of these concurrent country files could be corrected at any time, one thing you might do is create a 'pyramid' of Batch Appends, grouping the Country files by Region. This means that instead of one global Batch Append folder, you would have one Batch Append folder by Region, i.e. Europe folder and another folder for North America...then a final Append block that appends all the regional data sets.

If you do this, editing the data in only the UK country file should trigger a reload/re-caching of only of the files in the Europe regional file...but not in all the other regions.
  •     kmatrix999 October 30, 2013 11:50AM
    Thanks Tom, might even go to country level with the folders. Will try it.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership