Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sources: Timeout on Email attachments feed....'last x days' does not work? - Visokio Forums
Sources: Timeout on Email attachments feed....'last x days' does not work?
  • Alexander     Alexander October 11, 2013 9:48AM
    Hi All,

We use the email feed to automatically download attachements of emails that we receive via email.
    In order to avoid unneccesary data load, I used the advanced setting "in the last 1 day". But this functionality does not seem to work. There are no emails selected, and without this advanced setting 4 emails are selected.

Hope you can help, thanks

Alexander
  • 5 Comments
  •     chris October 11, 2013 11:15AM
    Hi Alexander,

Its probably not a good idea to use a date filter, as this means the headers for all the emails need to be downloaded. How many messages are there in total in the folder your downloading from? Could you download all the data and use a record filter instead?
  • Alexander     Alexander October 11, 2013 11:17AM
    Hi Chris,
    When loading the block all attachements are already downloaded, so a record filter is no solution. There are only 4 messages in the folder at the moment, but when the process is working, this will increase.
  •     chris October 11, 2013 11:57AM
    Thanks very much for sharing your screen with me Alexander. We were able to deduce that the problem was caused by a timeout when attempting to download an attachment.

This was resolved by firstly turning on:

Settings > Advanced > Feature availability > Debugging, diagnosis and performance

And then changing:

Settings > Advanced > Performance > Database connection timeout (seconds)

The default setting is 60 seconds. We increased this to the maximum value (600) seconds and Alexander was able to successfully obtain his data.

I think 60 seconds is possibly a bit too low, so I've now changed the default value of this setting to 180 (3 minutes).

• Alexander     Alexander October 31, 2013 5:42AM
    Hi Chris,

Everytime we start an omniscope instance, it prompts whether we want to keep these settings. We have set the time out on 600. Can we solve this?

From what build is the 180 the default setting?

Thanks.
  •     chris October 31, 2013 9:39AM
    Hi Alexander,

You can turn off this warning by turning on debugging/diagnosis settings:

Settings > Advanced > Feature availability > Debugging diagnosis and performance

And then unchecking:

Settings > Advanced > Debugging and diagnosis > Warn about none recommended application settings.

The 180 default setting change has been made in Omniscope 2.9. Appologies for any confusion, I should have specified this in my last post.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership