Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Deployment: Download IOK web links not working in IE? - Visokio Forums
Deployment: Download IOK web links not working in IE?
  • SteveP September 30, 2013 5:44AM
    A couple of weeks ago we found that links to .iok files on our website no longer worked correctly in Internet Explorer. Instead of prompting to Open/Save/Download the file, it just opened the file as if it was html, and we got a screen of garbage. The same links in Firefox and Chrome browsers work perfectly.

The example page below contains two links to the same file - the first is pointing to one of Visokio's example files, on their website. The second link points to exactly the same file on our server.

www.talysis.co.uk/example.html

The second link is failing for me (let me know if it works in IE for you!), which suggests it is something on our server which is causing the problem. But what?
  • 5 Comments
  •     tjbate September 30, 2013 7:03AM
    Steve - There are many different versions of Internet Explorer browsers out in the wild, ranging from version 6 up to 10.

It would not hurt to make sure your web server has a fully-configured MIME type for Omniscope IOK files, as described here:

http://www.visokio.com/kb/web-server-config

Another good practise is not to use any spaces in the IOK file name like this:

DownloadThisFile.iok

I would start with these two steps...
  • SteveP October 1, 2013 3:07AM
    Thanks for those ideas. Sadly, no difference!

I have set the MIME type, and renamed the file, but I still see rubbish from our link, whereas the link to your copy of the file behaves perfectly. I am seeing this in IE7 and IE8.
  •     paola October 1, 2013 6:27AM
    Could you please follow these steps:
    1. Open IE, go to Tools, click Internet Options.
    2. Navigate to the Programs tab and click on the "Set Programs" button.
    3. Click on the "Associate a file type or protocol with a program".
    4. Find the .iok, then change the default program.
  • SteveP October 1, 2013 7:16AM
    That association was already set.
  •     mustafa October 7, 2013 12:47PM
    For the benefit of other users - this is something which is still under investigation. We are waiting to hear back from the host provider of the client to get more details.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership