Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filtering: Resizing width of Side Toolbar filter devices? - Visokio Forums
Filtering: Resizing width of Side Toolbar filter devices?
  • mmor September 25, 2013 7:13AM
    At the moment I cannot find a way to resize the side toolbar an show the full name of the fields inside the filter devices.
    I know that if I hover with the mouse a tooltip appears, but it could be annoying having to wait.

Can you make this toolbar resizable like the other views?
  • 1 Comment
  •     tjbate September 25, 2013 1:32PM
    Michele - You can widen either Sidebar to reveal long field/column names, or long category values, by un-freezing the default width and dragging the Sidebar width wider (or narrower) to suit the value lengths:

Toolbars > {Sidebar} > Other options > untick Freeze sidebar width

Notice that this will widen all Sidebar devices uniformly, not necessarily the best use of space. If you have only a few filter devices that have long field/column or category value names, consider adding a Device View and moving these wider filters to the Device View, which can be positioned anywhere on the tab, any size or shape, and is independent of the Sidebar(s).

Long field/column and category value names occupy too much horizontal space in general...consider using Field Organiser and Search/Replace blocks in the DataManager workspace to systematically shorten incoming field/column names and category values as much as possible.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged