Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Aggregation: Delete all fields option? - Visokio Forums
Aggregation: Delete all fields option?
  • Alexander     Alexander September 4, 2013 6:17AM
    Hi All,

The option to delete all fields in the aggregation block in version 2.7 was very handy. In large datasets, it is easier to delete all, and then reset the fields needed. Now I should set the fields that I do not need anymore in the downstream dataflow to "none" in the pulldown menu? Or I can create a workaround by using a field organiser or validate data block 'above' the aggregation block?

Hope this functionality can be re-integrated in 2.8. Thanks.
  • 4 Comments
  • Alexander     Alexander September 6, 2013 9:47AM
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there was any news on this topic. Thanks
  •     chris September 6, 2013 11:18AM
    Hi Alexander,

The aggregation block in Omniscope 2.8 is quite different to the aggregation block in Omniscope 2.7.

In 2.7 the block defaults to aggregating by every field, you can then select fields you want to split by.

In Omniscope 2.8 we merged the interface shown in the view aggregate menu and the aggregate operation. You now have a separate "All records" check-box that allows you to aggregate by every record. Alternatively you can select individual fields to split by those fields. You can only choose the field function once you have selected "All records" or checked one or more fields. You can delete a field by selecting the "(none)" function.

It doesn't really fit with the new interface to add a "Delete all" button, since all fields cannot be shown to be deleted (if no fields are selected the block is invalid). We are discussing adding a "Delete others" option, which will delete all fields except for the selected fields. I'll keep you posted once we have reached a decision.
  •     chris September 20, 2013 6:59AM
    Hi,

We've now added a "Delete unselected" button to the aggregate operation. This will be available in tonight's 2.8 release (b1109).
  • Alexander     Alexander September 20, 2013 8:52AM
    Great!! Thanks!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership