Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Batch Output-Email Output Type with PDF attachment - Visokio Forums
Batch Output-Email Output Type with PDF attachment
  •     OO83 July 22, 2013 8:22AM
    Hi,

I am trying to use the batch output block to send some files out and have chose my output type as 'Email'. I want a pdf to be attached in the email but this doesn't seem to work (it does work for an 'iok' or 'xlsx' extension).

Is there a reason for this or can it be made to work?

Thanks,

Ola.
  • 2 Comments
  •     chris July 24, 2013 5:33AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the question.

At the moment the Email output does not allow you to include PDF files directly as attachments. You can only include data file types (IOK, CSV, XLS etc). Files that contain screenshots rather than data (PDF, PowerPoint etc.) can not be included.

You can still do this in the batch publisher by specifying the PDF as an external attachment. Here's how:

1. In your batch configuration file, in the first row create a PDF output.
    2. In your batch configuration file, in the second row specify an email output. In the "Email external attachments" enter the full path and name of the PDF file you specified in the first row (for example "C:\myoutput.pdf").

Because the batch publisher generates the items in sequence, the PDF will be created first, and will then be included as an attachment when the email is sent.
  •     OO83 July 25, 2013 3:27AM
    Thanks for the comment Chris.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership