Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Installation: Java Virtual Machine unable to start? - Visokio Forums
Installation: Java Virtual Machine unable to start?
  •     DominicChan July 9, 2013 9:25AM
    Hi...Is 2.8 Server somewhat different to 2.7? We have never encountered the "Java Virtual Machine" error before we switching over to 2.8, now it seems end users are reporting this issue one by one. I know there is a fix where we can change the initial start up RAM allowance. But is this the only fix?

Is there something that has changed in 2.8 which is now triggering this error in a lot of my report end-users? My reports have not increased in size.
    Regards, Dom
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate July 9, 2013 2:24PM
    Dom

There is a discussion of this error, which usually affects only about 1% of machines here:

http://www.visokio.com/kb/java-memory-fragmentation

The version of Java bundled with Omniscope changes from time to time, and it is possible the new version is more demanding in terms of contiguous memory required to start?

•     steve July 10, 2013 4:52AM
    Dom - please confirm, how many affected users, are they all using 32-bit OS+Omniscope, and have they all customised their memory usage previously?
  •     DominicChan July 10, 2013 4:57AM
    Hi Steve
    So far I have had 6 people with this issue, who had never had any problems opening Omniscope for the past 3 years until recently when we changed our server to 2.8. All my report end users are on 32-bit OS. That's why I was wondering if the new 2.8 has had any changes regarding memory usage?
    Thanks, Dom
  •     richard July 11, 2013 8:53AM
    Hi Dominic

I have sent you an email regarding this issue.

Thanks
    Richard

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged