Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Cycling and animation: cycling through records and adding animation - Visokio Forums
Cycling and animation: cycling through records and adding animation
  •     kmatrix999 June 21, 2013 7:16AM
    A while since I tried to use this function. Looking to animate a bubble chart with 24 products shown and with 50 countries as filters (see example). I would like to be able to be able to cycle the 24 products starting with highest and then populating the chart with next highest etc. At the moment it immediately replaced one item with another item rather than building a picture.

Would also like to be able to cycle through the countries (or selected countries) set up as a filter.

In an ideal world would be great to be able to set the rules to cycle both.

Couldn't find much in the way of guidance in the knowledge base to decide if this was possible (and I couldn't make it work) or whether this is not yet possible (and therefore an idea).

So, my particular question is- is this possible- and my general question is- where does animation/ enhanced cycling fit with future presentational developments.
    Attachments
    example.png 111K
  • 2 Comments
  •     paola June 21, 2013 10:46AM
    This should be possible. I guess you will want to see [Country] cycling on one tab and marker gathering on another.
    Country cycling: DataExplorer>Toolbars>Cycling Toolbar>Show
    in the bottom right corner, expand the cycling options to decide whether you wish to cycle through records or values etc (in this case Values in [Country] field).

For the option where cycling adds new values to the chart, creating the 'accumulation effect' you will need to add 2 formula fields in the Field Organiser, in DataManager.
    [Index] field with formula:

[Index] = currentrow()

[Cumulative] =
    SUBSET_UNIQUESLIST(Index, SUBSET(Index,CURRENTROW(),">="))

Cycling on this tab should be set to [Cumulative] values.

In order for records to appear in a particular order, based on value in one field, try replacing Currentrow with Rank function.
  •     kmatrix999 June 24, 2013 6:25AM
    Thanks Paola. It worked.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership