Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Max_Date - Visokio Forums
Max_Date
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     acohen February 3, 2010 4:54PM
    Can I suggest a maximum date function? This already exists for numbers but when trying to calculate the maximum across several date fields one needs to use an if clause, taking care of null values tediously.
    Many Thanks,
    Ariel
  • 4 Comments
  •     steve February 4, 2010 10:54AM
    Ariel,

There *is* a maximum date function.

For example, in the Pivot view, using the Value drop-down to choose the Date field (you may need to change the drop-down's filter from "Numerics" to "Dates"), then in the Value > Function submenu, choose "Maximum".

In the content view, click edit, and choose Insert > Function. Again, choose the Date field, and pick "Maximum". This will insert a formula, equivalent to...

In formulas, use "SUBSET_MAX([DateField])". See http://www.visokio.com/kb/subset-functions for more information.

Steve
  •     acohen February 4, 2010 11:02AM
    Thanks Steve,
    but I am talking about a maximum date function across different date fields.
    What you are talking about is finding the maximum date across multiple rows but one field. I want to find the maximum date across 1 row but multiple fields.

For example:For a single trade counterparty(1 row)
    I have the following 3 fields:
    last FX trade date
    last Bond trade date
    last Money Market Trade date

and I want to create the field "last trade date" by calculating the maximum across the above 3 fields.
  •     acohen February 4, 2010 11:07AM
    The formula "MAX(number1,number2,...) " works for numbers but not for dates. My suggestion is to then adjust this formula so that it works for dates too.
  •     steve February 4, 2010 11:30AM
    OK, so you're talking about making the MAX(a, b, c) formula function applicable to dates. It's on the list.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership