Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Aggregation: weighted average function? - Visokio Forums
Aggregation: weighted average function?
  •     peterg_at_aps June 3, 2013 12:58PM
    Hello I am on the beta 935 version and cannot find the aggregation weighting option.

I want to calculate the mean latitude and longitude weighted by quantity demanded for some customer locations. However as soon as I select the mean for these fields a line appears next to the field with no options.
  • 11 Comments
  •     tjbate June 3, 2013 1:09PM
    Peter - If you are using a DataManager Aggregation block, you must set the aggregation function for the longitude or latitude fields to be 'Mean' before you will see the red 'X' symbol that allows you to select the (numeric) field to weight by.
  •     tjbate June 3, 2013 1:10PM
    If you do not see this, would you please post a screenshot?
  •     peterg_at_aps June 3, 2013 1:11PM
    Thomas - thanks for fast response

I am in a map view and was hoping to aggregate the data just in that.
  •     peterg_at_aps June 3, 2013 1:13PM
    Screen shot attached
    Attachments
    aggregation.JPG 48K
  •     tjbate June 3, 2013 1:14PM
    In-view aggregation should work the same..?
  •     peterg_at_aps June 3, 2013 1:14PM
    the latitude and longitude are set to mean - as soon as that happens I get lines in the fields
  •     chris June 3, 2013 1:21PM
    Hi Peter,

Appologies for the previous reply, I see that your using 2.8b935. This sounds like a bug. I'll see if I can reproduce this and get back to you shortly.
  •     chris June 4, 2013 4:34AM
    Hi Peter,

Unfortunately I've been unable to reproduce this problem. Would it be possible to send us your file along with instructions to support@visokio.com?
  •     peterg_at_aps June 4, 2013 5:55AM
    just sent - thanks
  •     tjbate June 4, 2013 10:39AM
    Peter - We cannot see this problem in 2.8 952, which is the latest beta build of 2.8 on the download page ...can you install that and confirm?
  •     peterg_at_aps June 10, 2013 6:12AM
    Hi Thomas

Yes its still an issue with 952
    Attachments
    Weighting.JPG 35K

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership