Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Installation: auto-update pop-up in Web Start? - Visokio Forums
Installation: auto-update pop-up in Web Start?
  •     Mees June 3, 2013 4:59AM
    Hi there,

We use 2.7 and will upgrade to 2.8 when it is 100% stable. However, we and our clients receive an update pop-up message about updating to 2.8 when opening iok files via webstart.

You can imagine this is confusing for people as they are not concerned with omniscope versions, that is our role. Is there a way to turn this message off?

FYI, Web Start is installed/hosted on our own server.

Thanks, A
  • 7 Comments
  •     steve June 3, 2013 9:22AM
    Mees,

When I go here and click Launch, I get the webstart Omniscope open without any illogical "Check for updates" happening.

http://tc.visokio.com/webstart/version.jsp?branch=2.7

What about you - do you see anything, the first time you run this in a given day?

Can you post a screenshot? Can you post (or email privately) your downloaded JNLP file so we can reproduce?
  •     Mees June 13, 2013 9:45AM
    Hi steve, it is not only webstart. also on our server we get the message. server only runs 2.7. screenshot attached. is in dutch but hope you'll get the idea
    Attachments
    update.GIF 10K
  •     tjbate June 13, 2013 10:39AM
    Arjan

If you are running the latest version of 2.7 stable in your Web Start process, this should not happen. On your own server, you can dismiss the message once and for all by un-ticking:
    Help > Automatically check for updates
  •     Mees June 24, 2013 4:51AM
    Gents, just realised that users get this message when using the .ilf files to open the iok files. In addition we get the message on our own server as well where we run Omniscope server edition. In all situations v2.7 is used and 2.8 is not installed.

Thomas, we can un-tick the "Help > Automatically check for updates", but that is not what I prefer as the message is helpful when it is about the version we run (2.7). But a message about 2.8 when using 2.7 is not of any value in my view? Can you turn this off perhaps?

Thanks
  •     paola June 24, 2013 9:44AM
    Help>Automatically check for updates will remove the prompt message, and you can then send a link with download version you wish your client to use.
  •     Mees June 26, 2013 2:50PM
    thanks, but i still think that a 2.8 message while using 2.7 isn't of any use. Suppressing 2.7 update messages isn't a solution for this.
  •     steve June 27, 2013 8:24AM
    2.8 is our primary version, so all prior versions prompt to upgrade.

It's a free update. What do you have against updating?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership