Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Hosting an .iok online? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Hosting an .iok online?
  •     kamleshmistry May 30, 2013 4:48AM
    Hi - I was wondering whether it is possible to host a .iok file within a web page?

Thanks, Kamlesh
  • 1 Comment
  •     tjbate May 30, 2013 5:19AM
    Kamlesh - Yes...this is what happens when you publish/upload an IOK file to our test hosting service my.visokio.com. Try this option to see our own web page example, which includes both the IOK file download option for fully-installed free Viewers, and a Web Start option for recipients of the file who do not yet have the free Viewer installed.

If you want to use your own web server/page to host like this, you merely add a Data file Output block below the Omniscope block, choose IOK file format and Upload to URL and specify the folder on your website that you want to use to hold the IOK file(s).

The rest of it is web page development on your own web site to provide the IOK file download and maybe Web Start deployment option.

I can send you a copy of the HTML code we use on our my.visokio.com page if you want to copy that…

Note that it is good practise to declare a MIME type for IOK files on your web server…with the mish-mash of users’ browsers out there, one never knows…

http://www.visokio.com/kb/web-server-config

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership