Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Import: Access - Text Ending in Spaces? - Visokio Forums
Import: Access - Text Ending in Spaces?
  •     chrisamott May 23, 2013 5:56AM
    I am importing text from an Access databases and most of the fields end in a space. It would seem that Omniscope is removing these spaces, or applying an automated TRIM? Can I switch this off?
  • 4 Comments
  •     chris May 28, 2013 12:39PM
    Hi,

Omniscope will strip off any empty spaces from the end of the text. Can you let us know why you would want to keep these spaces?
  •     chrisamott May 30, 2013 3:39AM
    A field I am importing from Access is a concatenation of 4 other fields. These are all text fields and in order to keep the data integrity I have included a space between each concatenation. Field 1 is mandatory but the other three are optional. If any of the subsequent fields are null I need the space as it is included in a SEARCH function within omniscope. I could include a search which doesn't include the space but i risk poor results. for example picks up the specific word COM but without the space in the search could identify COMPANY which I don't want it to.
  •     chris May 30, 2013 5:06AM
    Hi Chris,

I still don't fully understand. Are you saying that you concatenate the fields inside Omniscope? If so why don't you add the space in Omniscope when concatenating the fields rather than inside Access. In order to get a better understanding of your problem would it be possible to arrange a short screen-sharing session with me? Please contact us on support@visokio.com and let us know when it would be convenient.
  •     chrisamott May 30, 2013 7:28AM
    The concatenation takes place in Access. Omniscope imports the result. I could pass this function to Omniscope but I have found a workaround for now.

Thanks all the same

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership