Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
De-Pivot Operation: converting rows to column for analysis? - Visokio Forums
De-Pivot Operation: converting rows to column for analysis?
  • nicci113 May 22, 2013 4:57AM
    Hi There...Based on my screenshot attached, I want to create then entire row into column and all the data attached to it and do my further calc based on the conversion. Is it possible within omniscope?
    Attachments
    Capture.PNG 2K
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate May 22, 2013 5:20PM
    Nicci - There are data orientation operations in Omniscope for Pivot (change column into many rows) and De-Pivot (change many rows into column(s)).

Note that Pivot and De-Pivot operations change the orientation of data, and are not really related to Pivot View or pivot tables, which are really ways of showing aggregations.

Also note that you can combine data sets in various orientations into a single IOK file, and use Named Queries to focus visualisations on differently-oriented subsets that have been appended together.

The video showing how to use these operations to manage data orientation is here:

http://tc.visokio.com/videos/?name=DataManagerPivotDePivotTranspose&title=Pivot%2C+de-pivot+%26amp%3B+transpose&lang=gb
  • nicci113 May 22, 2013 5:25PM
    will have a look in the morning, don't have my work pc just yet..
    Thanks a lot for been prompt and helpful!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership