Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Search/replace: remove underscores & hyphens leaving no space? - Visokio Forums
Search/replace: remove underscores & hyphens leaving no space?
  • nicci113 May 17, 2013 11:29AM
    How can I use Search/replace block to take out space betweeen the rows? I have to take _ and - but when i take it leaves the space.. is there a way to take the space out?

I need to do this coz my data for merge from another source require me to concatenate the text, would a space make a difference that would defeat the match/merge?

If so, how to take them out and if not then I can keep going, please suggest. Your video only suggest the simple logic and doesn't mention about removing spaces...
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate May 17, 2013 11:40AM
    Nicci - Make sure that the 'Replace with' box has nothing, not even a blank space in it...in other words:

""
    NOT

" "
  • nicci113 May 18, 2013 11:35AM
    thats what I did but even then it gets a space.. is there a way to take space out.. e.g.

"This is the" and make is it as "Thisisthe"??
  • nicci113 May 20, 2013 4:16AM
    I found the solution for everybody as well.. use Search/Replace block and in the selection criteria press "space bar" and in the Replace with space keep it empty and it will remove all the spaces between the letters :)

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership