Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Import: Data sets with 500+ fields/columns? - Visokio Forums
Import: Data sets with 500+ fields/columns?
  •        daniel May 15, 2013 10:46AM
    I have a small issue in loading up a .csv data set and an error appears saying it won't load up more than 500 columns. I follow the instructions to disable the option in the advanced settings but Omniscope still stops at 500 columns and won't load the additional columns in.
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate May 15, 2013 11:06AM
    Daniel - Make sure you are running version 2.8...the setting to override this warning limit is here:

Settings > Advanced > Data Sources > {untick} Limit CSV/TSV file imports to 500 fields

If you are doing this, then file it as a bug...
  •     tjbate May 15, 2013 11:08AM
    If the data is being dumped from a database, and not a spreadsheet, it is possible that the file is not escaped properly...can you open/save the .csv in a spreadsheet?
  •        daniel May 15, 2013 11:12AM
    Yea that's the same instructions I followed from the error message, the file opens properly in Excel, will report as a bug.
  •     chris May 16, 2013 4:59AM
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us via a bug report. This occurred because the data was being cached. After changing the setting you needed to manually update the data by clicking on the block tools (spanner in the top right of the block) and selecting "Update data".

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership