Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Mapping: London Map - Visokio Forums
Mapping: London Map
  •     kmatrix999 February 2, 2010 11:23AM
    You currently have a City of London map available for download.

What I really need is a vector map of London that includes the full 30+ Local Authorities.

Do you have this?

Thanks
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate February 18, 2010 6:29PM
    Martyn - currently we don't support publishers adding custom layers (like local authority boundaries) to our offline vector maps unaided. We can do it for you, but there would be a charge (mail me for details), and we can't have everybody piling their special-purpose layers into our general-purpose vector maps (althought UK local authority boundaries are pretty general). If you don't need zooming, you can use a static image map that you insert as an image.

In version 2.6 and beyond, we are adding more options/sources for the zoomable tiling map backgrounds (with some layers) from open source mapping services. Some of these may have or soon have the boundaries layer you need, or could help you add them in the spirt of open source data. Although zooming with tiling services does not work offline as vector maps do, in practise, if you zoom into all the most relevant locations, the mapping tiles will be saved on your local machine and the zooming will work offline to an extent.
  •     kmatrix999 February 22, 2010 8:38AM
    Thanks Tom, sounds as though 2.6 will do it for me.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership