Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Formulae: Contain function? - Visokio Forums
Formulae: Contain function?
  • nicci113 May 14, 2013 10:00AM
    Hi There, I'm quite new to Omniscope, so please forgive me if I'm asking a daft question but need help with the Contain function. I've a field/column of data which contains either "Brand" or "Brand Steak" I want to create a new field/column and if my data rows contains either of these values it should filter that data and re-write the values as "PURE BRAND". Any suggestions how it can be done.
  • 6 Comments
  •     paola May 14, 2013 10:17AM
    Hi, it might be easier if you post a small sample of data to show what you're trying to achieve, also show what the desired result should be.
  • nicci113 May 14, 2013 10:25AM
    Product Type Date Week
    BC Brand 28/04/2013 Sunday
    BC Brand 29/04/2013 Monday
    BC Brand 30/04/2013 Tuesday
    BC Brand 01/05/2013 Wednesday
    Sainsbury 02/05/2013 Thursday
    Morrison 04/05/2013 Saturday
    Morrison 04/05/2013 Saturday

Account name Campaign name Ad distribution
    BCBrand Steak Brand bc Search
    BCBrand Steak Brand Misspells Search
    BCBrand Steak Brand Car Search
    BCBrand Steak Brand Car - Multi Search
    BCBrand Steak Brand Motor Search
    BCBrandHome Steak Brand Search
    BCBrandHome Steak Brand - Contents Search
    BCBrandPet Steak Brand Search

Product Type
    BC Brand
    BC BrandSteak

If you look at the above example, I've got 2 set of data 1) Product Type 2) Account Name. I need to create a new column called product type and it should pick value from both table but only where it contains BC BRAND OR BC BRANDSTEAK.

In essence I'm creating a filter option but using contain function

Thanks for the reply forgot to mention earlier :)
  •     paola May 14, 2013 10:43AM
    In the DataManager space enter the target values "BC Brand" and "BC BrandSteak" into the List of Values Source block. Then use Merge operation block to effectively filter the records that present exact match or just contain these words (there are several options in the Merge block).
    If you select only 'merged records' as the block output, you will be able to add new field, using formulas in the Field Organiser, only to those records that meet your criteria.
  • nicci113 May 14, 2013 11:02AM
    Not sure if this is what I want, Do you have any clue around Contain function, I have lot of rules to set and feel contain will work better unless I'm thinking of disaster
  •     paola May 15, 2013 8:25AM
    I believe this question was covered or could be solved by using formulas from the post
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/7822/#Comment_7822
  • nicci113 May 15, 2013 9:17AM
    yes!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership