Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sources: Connecting to FTP server error? - Visokio Forums
Sources: Connecting to FTP server error?
  •     tamax May 10, 2013 4:33AM
    Hi,

One of our customer is having trouble when trying to connect Visokio to our FTP Server. He says his firewall and proxy is correctly configured and every other program tested can connect correctly except Visokio.

This is his message:

I’ve tried connecting to the FTP site using filezilla and it works fine so I think it is something to do with the setup of the program. Can you pass this on to Visokio support? I am seeing the following in the firewall logs:

May 8 09:14:58 UTC: %FW-3-FTP_NON_MATCHING_IP_ADDR: (target:class)-(CSM_Inside-Outside_1:CSM_ZBF_CLASS_MAP_3):Non-matching address 0.0.0.0 used in EPSV response -- FTP client 10.34.25.15 FTP server 50.16.213.75

May 8 09:14:58 UTC: %FW-6-SESS_AUDIT_TRAIL: (target:class)-(CSM_Inside-Outside_1:CSM_ZBF_CLASS_MAP_3):Stop ftp session: initiator (10.34.25.15:62838) sent 48 bytes -- responder (50.16.213.75:21) sent 114 bytes

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot,
    Maxime
  • 10 Comments
  •     tamax May 13, 2013 5:19AM
    Hi,

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Maxime
  • antonio     antonio May 13, 2013 5:57AM
    Which version of Omniscope is your customer using?
    What FTP server?
  • antonio     antonio May 13, 2013 6:50AM
    Also, did your customer setup proxy settings in Omniscope?
    See here for Java Proxy settings references.
    Then to configure Omniscope you need to modify the installconfig.properties file and pass the proxy settings to the JVM, by specifying a ADDITIONAL_JVM_ARGS parameter (see here)
  •     tamax May 13, 2013 11:37AM
    Hi Antonio,

The customer is using: Visokio Omniscope Viewer 2.7 - build 429 x64
    Our FTP Server is Filezilla FTP Server.
    This config works fine with other customers so the proxy might be the problem. The point I do not understand is why you are pointing me to the JVM proxy config and not directly to the Visokio proxy config?
  •     tamax May 14, 2013 4:32AM
    Hi Antonio,

We had more details from the customer: they confirm that they use no proxy, only firewall, and they can access our ftp server through any web browser or ftp client but not through Visokio.

Do you have any clue? We are quite stuck...

Thanks,
    Maxime
  •     tamax May 16, 2013 4:28AM
    Hi,

We are still stuck...
  •     steve May 16, 2013 5:16AM
    Maxime,

What way are they connecting within Omniscope? There are many ways - e.g. opening an IOK file from an FTP location? A DataManager source block with a CSV on an FTP site? Exporting or publishing to an FTP location? Using the Scheduler to copy a Resource to/from an FTP site?

What happens if they connect using FileZilla FTP Client and test both using Active and Passive modes? Do both modes work?

Steve
  •     tamax May 16, 2013 5:19AM
    Hi Steve,

They are trying to open an IOK file from an FTP location.

I will check your second question with them.

Thanks,
    Maxime
  •     tamax May 20, 2013 10:20AM
    Hi Steve,

I had confirmation from the customer: both active and passive mode work using a filezilla ftp client (see attached pictures)

• antonio     antonio May 23, 2013 7:22AM
    Maxime,

I sent you a private email.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged