Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filtering: Apply filter settings to selected tabs or an entire file? - Visokio Forums
Filtering: Apply filter settings to selected tabs or an entire file?
  • johnu May 3, 2013 11:48AM
    Is there a way of applying a global filter, i.e. one that works on more than one tab or all tabs.

I have an iok file with about 20 tabs and each tab needs to be filtered by one of 30 people's names before saving to a pdf for that person. It would save so much time if I only had to filter 30 times rather than the 600 times now.

Thanks.
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate May 5, 2013 7:03AM
    John - This is easy to completely automate using the Batch publishing feature of Server Editions and above. You can specify which tabs, and which rows, columns of a master Report IOK are delivered to individuals with personalised settings managed in the Batch Control IOK file. You can experiment with the Batch publishing and Batch Control file configuration using a Desktop Edition, but the number of different files/recipients is limited to 3...and you need 30 different recipients at least.
  • johnu May 9, 2013 3:57AM
    Many thanks for your response. Unfortunately we do not have the Server Edition, just the Desktop edition, so I will experiment as you have suggested. Thanks again.
    John

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership