Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Refresh: Variables in file losing default opening value? - Visokio Forums
Refresh: Variables in file losing default opening value?
  • Alfonso     Alfonso April 16, 2013 1:21PM
    Hi,

In the refresh data model process, sometimes the variables loose the default or minimum value, however a message like I've attached is shown. Is there any mode to avoid this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Alfonso
    Attachments
    variable issue.PNG 19K
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate April 17, 2013 2:01PM
    Alfonso: Is it trying to restore the Variable to the default value you defined for the Variable, or to the last setting of the Variable in the report file?

This could be a bug. Please make sure you are using the latest version?

Because we cannot connect to your original database to refresh, you need to send us two files; one an IOK Source file that substitutes the incoming database data with a snapshot of the same data, and another a version of your IOK Report file that substitutes the snapshot IOK file for the database connection.
  • Alfonso     Alfonso May 13, 2013 4:45AM
    Hi,
    I checked it continuous to happen also in the last version, 2.8.0.905 it happens when I refresh data from the Omniscope File which has the background and core process..
    Any suggestions for solve it?.
    Attached you can see the screenshots I did.
    1) the error reported by the omniscope.
    2) the configuration of the variable.

The test I've done is, if the minimum date is equal as default date when you refresh data then the error is showed, but if you move default a bit in the future and then returns to the same date of minimum the error cannot show again.. It seems that default and minimum are involved in the reported error, (could be millesium time or so ).

there are other variables not affected by the issue also as Date, in these cases the minimum is lower than the default.
    Alfonso
  •     tjbate May 13, 2013 6:11AM
    Alfonso - We are going to need copies of this file with the data sources to troubleshoot this...also a screen-sharing session...please email support{AT}visokio.com

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged