Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Performance: Refreshing heavy views from database? - Visokio Forums
Performance: Refreshing heavy views from database?
  • Alfonso     Alfonso April 16, 2013 12:56PM
    Hi,

In the refreshing process, we have issues updating from the database. The issues happens in heavy queries or heavy views, resulting in a no coherent model at user interface level.

Could be the asking database time the cause. Is there experiences managing the updating interval for solving this kind of issues?.

Thanks in advance, Alfonso
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate April 22, 2013 3:33AM
    Alfonso - What database version and driver are you using? JDBC? Can we arrange a screen-sharing session to look at how the queries/materialised views are written?

Is it possible to use a multi-file architecture to split the solution into 2 separate files; one 'datamart' IOK file that refreshes periodically from the database, and another Report IOK file using the latest version of the 'datamart' IOK file as the source? This will mean that refresh delays in the 'datamart' IOK file do not affect the availability of the user interface in the Report IOK file.
  • Alfonso     Alfonso April 22, 2013 6:10AM
    Hi tjbate,

Thanks for your ideas, as the datamanager structure is a bit complex, I prefer do not touch it. Last friday we did a screen-sharing with Chris and he recommended the use of automatic option 'retrieve new data notify and apply immediately'.

This is I'm trying to do for the moment, perhaps it works. If not I let You know.

Regards,

Alfonso

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership