Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Merge/Join: many to many issue? - Visokio Forums
Merge/Join: many to many issue?
  • jfaulkes February 13, 2013 8:01AM
    Hi there, I am trying to map two datasets together but getting a "many to many" error. I am actually looking to create a one to many relationship. I want to LOOKUP a field from data block A to data block B, mapping to pair of columns.

In dataset B I have multiple rows with the same lookup value found in dataset A. I want the value to repeat in dataset B wherever there is a match. I don't want to create many to many relationships.

Any ideas? Please see attached mockup as it's probably clearer.

Thanks - JF
    Attachments
    Merge example.xlsx 11K
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate February 13, 2013 11:54AM
    James - Looks like you just need to use two (or more) merge criteria inside the Merge Block:

For the first merge criteria, specify the first column to check for a match:
    [Account]
    then click 'Add merge criteria' and specify the next column to check for a match:
    [Campaign]

You can add as many merge criteria/columns to check as required until you eliminate the many:many and complete the merge/join.
  • jfaulkes February 13, 2013 12:28PM
    Sorted it, I had too many additional dimensions which were creating duplicate campaigns in the campaign data block.

Thanks

JF

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged