Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Running under windows 7 - Visokio Forums
Running under windows 7
  •     WKeith January 18, 2010 9:47AM
    When I open the file open dialog box under Windows 7, the up one level, create new folder, list and details icons do not appear properly with one icon as a grey square. The tooltip and a "ghost" icon outline appear when I hover over where the icons should be. I attach a snip of the screen.
    Attachments
    win7omniscope.doc 179K
  • 7 Comments
  •     WKeith January 18, 2010 9:49AM
    Running version b292 32 bit
  •     mustafa January 18, 2010 12:28PM
    Hi,

This problem you are experiencing is a known Java bug. The problem has been fixed by the latest release of Java (6 update 18) which at the moment is not bundled with Omniscope 2.5. However, it will probably be bundled with Omniscope 2.6 which will be available in Beta very soon.
  •     WKeith January 20, 2010 10:07AM
    If I update my Java installation, will this fix it?

also finding that refreshing data from Oracle does not work on windows 7 - is this a manifestation of the same thing?

Cheers
  •     mustafa January 20, 2010 10:41AM
    Yes, updating your Java to 6 update 18 and then making Omniscope use it should fix it. You can do this by following the steps below:

1) Install the latest JRE by clicking "Download JRE" button from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
    2) Once installed you will need to update the installconfig.properties JVM_DIR to the location of the JRE installed. By default the JRE will be installed to c:\program files\Java\jre6, and you will need to make the JVM_DIR property within the installconfig.properties point to this location. For further information on how to edit the installconfig.properties file please refer to http://www.visokio.com/kb/installconfig

Regarding refreshing from Oracle not working, try updating the Java version and see if that works. If not, try connecting to the Oracle database and, when it fails, submit a bug report. Once we have the bug report one of our support personnel will get back in touch with you.
  •     mustafa January 20, 2010 2:46PM
    I forgot to mention in my previous post you will need to enable "Report database errors as bugs" option from within Omniscope temporarily, otherwise you will not let you report database errors as bugs.

You can enable this option from Settings > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Report database errors. Once you have submitted the bug report you can disable the reporting of bug reports by simply clicking on the option again.
  •     WKeith January 20, 2010 4:42PM
    thanks - that fixed the icon bug. I think the connection bug is probably to do with internet proxies, as I had that issue previously.
  •     WKeith August 25, 2010 11:04AM
    The connection problem was internet proxies.

The fix was to add the oracle server to the list of servers where requests should not use the proxy.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership