Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Deployment: Java Web Start JNLP link issue? - Visokio Forums
Deployment: Java Web Start JNLP link issue?
  • vsachar February 8, 2013 3:51AM
    I've been trying to create a web start launch link to .iok files on a website and I've successfully managed to create a download link to access the file through a URL that looks like:

http://client.dev.domain.com/download/?m=[guid]&u=[int]&c=[int]

The above URL lets me directly download the file from the browser. The mimetype of the file is application/octet-stream.

When I try and use this URL in the online webstart link builder I get the following error:

Unrecognised or unsupported file "​http://client.dev.domain.com/download/?m=[guid]&u=[int]&c=[int]". You may need to upgrade your software or purchase a key and activate. Please check our website at www.visokio.com.

I use an Apache web server (version 2.2), and use mod_xsendfile to serve up the file for download.

It would be great if you could provide some guidance as to what is missing or wrong.
  • 5 Comments
  • antonio     antonio February 8, 2013 6:11AM
    Does the file have the .iok extension? In that case can you try to register in Apache the correct iok mime type? See here for information.
  • vsachar February 8, 2013 6:39AM
    Yes, the file does have the .iok extension.

I just added the mimetype to Apache's settings and it still gives me the same error. The link you suggested does say that Apache web servers do not need any configuration for .iok files. And I'm downloading the file off the same server without any issues. Only the launch link doesn't seem to work.

Do I need to include the .iok extension in the URL? I'm running out of ideas to fix this.
  • antonio     antonio February 8, 2013 6:47AM
    I sent you a private email
  • antonio     antonio February 8, 2013 8:33AM
    Basically if you don't include the .iok extension in the URL then you have to configure the web server to answer with the correct application/vnd.visokio.omniscope-iok mime type
  • vsachar February 8, 2013 9:25AM
    Great! Thank you for that. The modified URL works.

However, I did configure Apache to respond with the iok mime type, but it caused an error and I've sent you details about that, as well as submitted a bug report.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership