Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Content View - Expanded Command Link Options? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Content View - Expanded Command Link Options?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down Alfonso     Alfonso January 25, 2013 3:57AM
    It would be useful to include in the list of functionalities available on Command Link (Content View) the following functionalities:

- Publish all. (To export data from the model).
    - Automatic Calculi On/Off.

It helps to the final users to manage better the workflow.

Thanks in advance, Alfonso
  • 6 Comments
  • Alfonso     Alfonso January 25, 2013 4:24AM
    Add another item to the list.
    - Restore Variables

Thanks
  •     michael January 25, 2013 6:46AM
    Hi Alfonso,

It is a good idea to enrich the list of commands with new actions. We'll look into this in the future.
  •     michael January 29, 2013 10:31AM
    Hi Alfonso,

I couldn't find those three actions on Omniscope menu. Can you explain in more details what you are trying to achieve.
  • Alfonso     Alfonso January 29, 2013 11:43AM
    I try..
    - Publish all:
    Our workflow interact with the user allowing him to update data in a table's View, Publish all act as 'Save Data to database' button.
    Actually He has to go to and at the end of his session he have to go to datamanager tab and then publish data (save) to the database.
    I thing it's easiest if he can find a link (button) in each tab for do it when he finish a tab data introduction.
    - Automatic Calculi On/Off:
    In heavy models (a lot of formulas) the user often need to work in non automatic calculi mode, this function is located in a submenu data/formula/automatic Calculi.
    It's a long way for the user if he have to manage it several times on a session.
    For our Workflow it's better if he has a link in each tab to manage it.
    Alternatively a general tab area Button could help.
    - Restore Variables:
    It's is located in the side filters panel, when the user manage the model he can use variables to simulate (what if) some values, but at the end he ask for a button to reset the variables and return to initial the state. (see the example attached).

Attached You can find an ilustrated file with deep detailed idea
    Attachments
    Improve Suggestions.pdf 358K
  •     michael January 31, 2013 8:11AM
    Hi Alfonso,

We added "Reset variables" and "Calculate automatically" to command links. Please, check it in the next nightly release 2.8-alpha b557.

Regarding "Publish all", unfortunately in current architecture it is impossible to implement this as a command link.
  •     michael January 31, 2013 8:20AM
    I also added a forum post about the new features to http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2001/new-content-view-command-links

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged