Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dial View: Decimal place display? - Visokio Forums
Dial View: Decimal place display?
  •     s_daffern December 28, 2012 5:33AM
    Hi - I am having problems with a Dial View where I cannot remove the number of decimal places it has decided to give me(always 3 decimals). I have also tried using number abbreviation but that doesn't help either. I am using the mean function of a number of days field. I have tried forcing the field to be both an integer or a decimal. When using decimal I have set the number of decimals to 0 in the DataManager and for the integer I tried setting the decimals to 0 from the data toolbar. This is frustrating as I have done this before and not had a problem. Is there anything I should try that I am perhaps missing?

Thanks - Ste
  • 6 Comments
  •        daniel December 28, 2012 1:09PM
    It should just be that you set the decimal places on the column field itself.

Attachments
    Screenshot (6).png 163K
  •     tjbate December 29, 2012 1:29PM
    More generally, field level display options like number of significant digits usually should apply across across ALL DataExplorer tabs/views, and therefore should be set from the Data > Manage Fields {Field Name} Options dialogue.
  •     s_daffern January 2, 2013 6:04AM
    Frustratingly I had already tried both of these options to no avail. I am wondering if there is a slight defect with my actual file. Could it be something to do with the freeze visible fields option in the settings tab.

I have tried this before and can't recall having this issue.
  •     tjbate January 2, 2013 7:55AM
    Stephen - There may be a bug...make sure you are running the latest version of 2.7, then make a text-scrambled copy of the file and try submitting this issue as a problem report with the (scrambled) file attached.

Help > Error Reporting > Report a problem
  •     s_daffern January 4, 2013 6:50AM
    Thanks. I have submitted this now
  •     michael January 9, 2013 6:01AM
    The issue has been fixed in the latest build 2.8-alpha b475.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership