Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Omniscope Mobile alpha demo preview - Visokio Forums
Omniscope Mobile alpha demo preview
  •     steve December 21, 2012 1:59PM
    A long-awaited preview of Omniscope Mobile is now available to alpha partners, with an initial single demo file.

Omniscope Mobile is a purely web-based reduced version of the installed Omniscope Viewer desktop application, designed for tablets and modern desktop browsers, built in standards-based HTML5.

We are planning on including an Omniscope Mobile server in Omniscope 2.9, depending on your license type. Until this is ready, this demo server shows what's coming.

Please visit omniscope.me using "alpha"+"partner" to log in.

We have by no means completed functionality or testing. However please report any errors or glitches you do find using "Report Error" from the "3 dots" menu at the top right.
  • 25 Comments
  • jforero     jforero January 10, 2013 5:15PM
    Great, thanks a lot...
    Looking forward for new case studies and of course the testing in 2.8.
  •     jraich January 14, 2013 1:43PM
    Steve,
    It's very promising. Any hint about the kind of views that will be available? -maybe all of them?- I supose that the design will be done in the desktop and then published as web/mobile project.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jordi
  •     steve January 15, 2013 12:11PM
    The first release will have all of the most frequently used views, but won't support everything the desktop app supports - for example, we'll be adding paning and multi-measure support after the initial public release.

Currently the design is done in Desktop. However we are working on full client-side menus for the initial release.
  •     bfromson1 January 18, 2013 4:42AM
    Any indication of a release date - this looks really exciting

Bernard
  •     steve January 19, 2013 8:20AM
    We're a few months away from letting alpha partners host their own server. Meanwhile, if you want us to host your own file privately for a week or two, email it to us and we'll set it up (albeit with functionality restrictions).
  •     sherriff February 19, 2013 7:22AM
    Hi- I am about to go on a trip and will only have an iPad available to work from for the coming week or so. It would be most helpful if I could test the mobile alpha demo on an iPad with a current iok file that is updated with new data daily via Dropbox.

Is this possible? How should I proceed?
  •     steve February 19, 2013 2:03PM
    Give it to us privately at support@visokio.com. We'll vet the file first for incompatibilities - the first release of Omniscope Mobile will have some limitations from desktop Omniscope - and host it in a password-protected private area for you.

We'll remove this when you say, but if you need it longer than a week, we will can't ensure the following week's weekly server deployment will be error-free in your file.
  •     bfromson1 May 2, 2013 9:22AM
    Any updates on likely release dates?
  •     steve May 3, 2013 4:12AM
    Bernard - sorry, we can't promise anything now. It's taking somewhat longer than originally anticipated to get to alpha-partner release level of completeness and stability. We'll post back when we know more.
  •     Mees May 30, 2013 10:31AM
    Guys, apologies in case I am asking a question that has been asked many times already. But I am confused a bit.

Can we start testing with mobile functionality or should we wait for new releases. Temporary uploads on omniscope.me are not working for us at the moment, so guess we need to wait?

Thanks
  •     tjbate May 30, 2013 12:57PM
    Arjan - Only we can upload files to omniscope.me at the moment...let me know if you need to demo something...but note that your existing full-screen IOK files will most likely need to be re-formatted/layout re-optimised if they are to display effectively on smaller device screens.
  •     misakch June 12, 2013 7:11AM
    Hi all,

demos looks really great, thanks for releasing them. I've got just two questions.

1) In a first post you say "We are planning on including an Omniscope Mobile server in Omniscope 2.8, depending on your license type.". What does it exactly mean? Which licence type do i need to have for having a chance to use Omniscope Mobile?

2) Do I understand it right that there will be a possibility to convert standard desctop-build .iok files into this live html5 version? I mean as a next choice in the export menu (of course with some minor limitations). Because that would be cool :)

Thanks a lot for answer,
    Regards
    Michal
    Michal Charvat | Mindshare | Business Planning | www.mindshare.cz | www.mindshareworld.com
  •     steve June 12, 2013 9:44AM
    1. Post has been corrected, now 2.9. Mobile wasn't ready by the time 2.8 needed to ship, so it will now be in 2.9 instead. We haven't yet given it to alpha partners. When we do, you'll see an announcement here.

2. The same IOK files for Desktop will provide the Mobile Server "webapp configuration", as it were. You'll drop an IOK file into a folder and automatically it'll be served up by the Mobile Server. But there will be some key features missing in the first version, such as paning and multiple measures, or the more exotic views.
  •     bfromson1 June 20, 2013 6:02AM
    Steve, still desperately keen to try this out - any better idea of when?
  •     steve June 21, 2013 1:38AM
    We're hoping to open the door to a very limited set of testers at end July, but it will still be very much in development, and this is not certain.
  •     Mees July 2, 2013 4:39AM
    Hi Steve, good news. I have a live project that needs a mobile platform. Can I therefore volunteer for being one of the testers? My client will understand that will be a development and test environment, but will be very happy to start. Currently they are using iok files on desktops.
    Thanks, A
  •     tjbate July 2, 2013 6:43AM
    Arjan - If they use Windows 8 mobile tablets, they could just run the same IOK files unchanged...with a bit of finger-friendly optimisations in version 2.9...would also work offline or with intermittent poor connections....

If they want iPad/Android tablets, on the other hand, they need good connections and are going to load your server...why not just give them some new, inexpensive Windows 8 tablets as part of the project?
  •     steve July 4, 2013 1:59AM
    Arjan, it depends on your file and expectations. Can you send us a representative IOK file, which demonstrates all required views, configurations and data volumes?
  •     jraich July 4, 2013 6:39AM
    Steve, Tom, we are also interested in checking how our standard templates look in mobile/web version. Our customers and prospects are eager to test them. Can we send a iok file? or upload it to your servers?
    Thanks in advance.
  •     steve July 5, 2013 1:42AM
    Sure - please email us the typical file.
  •     Mees July 5, 2013 4:07AM
    Hi Steve, will send you a file shortly via email.

What are our options to refresh the file on your server on let's say a weekly basis?
    Or can we arrange an secured automatic upload from our server on yours so we can refresh whenever we like?

Client is aware that it is a test environment and accepts any bugs that may exist.

•     steve July 8, 2013 5:00AM
    Mees - We're not offering to host your file for client use. Instead we need to review your file to see how suitable it is for giving you a pre-alpha server license to host it yourselves from mid August, whereupon you'll be able to update it as often as you want. We may also be able to host a copy of your file for a few days for you to see for yourselves (and briefly lift the veil on to your clients), prior to this, but not as an ongoing service.
  •     bfromson1 August 1, 2013 7:00AM
    Steve, we have one of our client desks looking for an online solution by end of September. Will we have something to work with soon?
  •     steve August 2, 2013 2:04AM
    Bernard, I've sent you an email.
  •     steve September 6, 2013 7:59AM
    The Alpha Partner programme for Omniscope Mobile is now open! To opt-in, see:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2311/omniscope-mobile-now-open-for-end-user-alpha-testing/p1

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership