Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Keyboard shortcuts: skip re-calculate all (2.8+) - Visokio Forums
Keyboard shortcuts: skip re-calculate all (2.8+)
  • Alfonso     Alfonso December 21, 2012 11:39AM
    I would add some ideas about usability for users with 'heavy' models like our model.

In these models, the user has to interact frequently with the User Interface, changing variables and inserting values on grids or dataView. As the performance sometimes isn't enough fast to drive it with automatic calculi he has to disable and enable re-calculation of the formulas and refresh the calculi. However, currently access to this functionality from the menu is not 'user friendly':

Data>Formula>Calulate automatically. (enable/disable automatic calculi).
    Data>Formula>Recalculate all (CTRL+SHIFT + R) (force all calculi).

My suggestion is to give this enable/disable or 'skip' functionality a Keyboard shortcut combination such as as (CRTL+ SHIFT +S ) for saving a file, for example.

This way, the user can select between two modes, either act and wait for all the calculi process with the time involved, using shortcut like (CTRL+SHIFT+R) , or wait only a few time to see the results of his action. We need it but I think is will also be useful for other people and projects.
  • 1 Comment
  •     steve December 30, 2012 2:16AM
    This has been implemented, and is primarily for use with auto recalc turned off, as follows:

In the Formulas menu, you can now select a set of "selected formula fields", and then later choose to "recalculate selected".
    By default no fields are selected. The set of fields is tab-specific, so you can configure different tabs with different fields.

The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+R.

Also, in a Content View or a Tab/View footer, you can now use the Link button to insert a "Command link", choosing "Recalculate selected formula fields". This allows you to create a button for yourself and your users to easily access, which is equivalent to pressing Ctrl+Alt+R.

Available from tonight's build, 2.8 b468.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership