Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sources: Batch importing text files ignoring characters like "? - Visokio Forums
Sources: Batch importing text files ignoring characters like "?
  • Alexander     Alexander December 14, 2012 4:29AM
    Good morning,

In our workflow we use a batch import. We import numerous .txt files. These files only have 1 field and thousands of rows. We would like that Omniscope ignores all the rows with only the character " in the files? I hope this option can be added to the batch import files block?

Thanks in advance
  • 4 Comments
  •     chris December 14, 2012 4:36AM
    Hi Alexander - You can configure the batch parser to parse the data for multiple files in the same way that you can configure the import of a single file. In the batch importer, select the appropriate file type and you should then see your configuration options.

I don't fully understand the structure of the file your trying to import. Can you post a sample?
  • Alexander     Alexander December 14, 2012 4:40AM
    That is correct, but the exact file extension I want to import is not given in the pull down menu. Therefore I am forced to use "all files", but hen I do not have all the options.

I've sent a file to you via email.
  •     chris December 14, 2012 4:49AM
    Hi - I've not come accross this type of file before (TRX), however it looks like a variation of a CSV file. In the FileType dropdown select "Plain text TXT file", and then change the filename to "*.TRX". You can now configure how you want to read the data. The File type dropdown is used to indicate how you want to parse the data. You can still modify the name of the file afterwards.
  • Alexander     Alexander December 14, 2012 5:00AM
    Does that mean, that if I select the plain TXT file, the extension does not have to be .txt?
    That is great! Thanks a lot!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership