Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Refresh: Excel refresh vs Omniscope refresh? - Visokio Forums
Refresh: Excel refresh vs Omniscope refresh?
  • els December 13, 2012 10:54AM
    Hi, I'm new to Omniscope so apologies if there already is a thread for this, I couldn't find it. I have an .xls file with multiple worksheets where one sheet grabs data via query and another sheet puts this into the format I need to upload to FTP for a certain customer.

I have added the file, using the single sheet I need to publish, but the refresh function does not refresh all pages and not all data on the sheet I need to publish are available in Omniscope. Do you have a suggestion how I can make this work?
    Thanks, Els
  • 1 Comment
  •     tjbate December 13, 2012 12:24PM
    Els - If you are only importing the one worksheet to be published into Omniscope using a Data File Source block, then an Omniscope refresh operation will only look at that one worksheet for changes, but Omniscope cannot trigger an Excel refresh...only Excel can do that (and not always very well).

I am confused by the statement "not all the data on the sheet I need to publish are available in Omniscope". If you are importing the sheet to be published into Omniscope, it should import all of the data?

Why not connect Omniscope directly to the database, define the transformations to the data required in DataManager, then template the published FTP Output file(s) and let Omniscope handle the whole job...it is much better suited to this than Excel.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged