Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Formulae: Concatenating text values? - Visokio Forums
Formulae: Concatenating text values?
  •     Phillipa December 6, 2012 6:57AM
    Hello - This must be really easy, but I am not used to working with text fields.

I have 2 fields which contain text (product names). I would like to combine these 2 fields into one with comma separation so that I can show a pie chart of all the product names and how often they occur.

I think I would then have to tokenise the fields............but am not quite sure of the easiest way around this.

Please could someone help!!

Thanks, Phillipa
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate December 6, 2012 7:18AM
    Phillipa - Concatenating text fields can be done in Omniscope formalae using either '+' or '&' operators between the text fields to be concatenated. Separators for use in tokenising the new formula field can be added literally in quotes, like this:

New Comma Separated Formula Field=
    [Product Field A]+ ","+[Product Field B]
  •     Phillipa December 6, 2012 9:12AM
    Hi Tom - Thanks... I managed to get to this solution but I have the problem that some of my fields have no text in them, so that I now have the outcome that I just have a comma in my new field or one product name and comma.

I suppose i need some sort of if function to alleviate this. Is there the possibility of using
    (if (field,"novalue"), "") formula?

I will search your function guide to see...Phillipa

•     Phillipa December 6, 2012 10:14AM
    Hello again! - I think I have found the solution by using your Collapse values operation block.

This allows me to combine 2 (null) text fields and set the comma as the separator.

I hope it works.

Thanks - Phillipa

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership