Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Free Viewer: Users able to Reconfigure Views? - Visokio Forums
Free Viewer: Users able to Reconfigure Views?
  •     shaji_o November 26, 2012 10:22PM
    We are in the process of setting up dashboards for a client, where they will be using Omniscope files via the free Viewer. I know users using Omniscope free Viewer can filter the dashboard, but are they able to reconfigure graphs? i.e. if a graph is split by month are they able to be split by week & change the graph type etc.

I also know the person that generates the dashboards can limit access to some functionality.

Is there a comprehensive list of things that can and can't be done in Omniscope viewer?
  • 1 Comment
  •     tjbate November 27, 2012 5:34AM
    Shaji - The free Viewer cannot modify and save data, or create new tabs or change views.

The owner-publisher of the file should anticipate and even personalise (on as many tabs and using many views as needed), ALL the interactions required by free Viewer users while at the same time, as you say, hiding everything else that might distract the target audience.

There are ways to use scenario variable selection(s) and tab links to provide more levels of predictable end-user-driven interactivity in dashboard navigation, and these techniques are supported in free Viewers.

However, if the free Viewer user is asking for ad-hoc unpredictable interactions, they should just upgrade from free Viewer to activated Desktops. Agencies can buy the upgrade key and give it to those few client staff needing full ad-hoc access to the data for re-use and re-purposing of the data and dashboard.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged