Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Date/Time: Adding 10 min to a date/time value? - Visokio Forums
Date/Time: Adding 10 min to a date/time value?
  • sara_llamasoft November 23, 2012 10:57AM
    Hi Folks - I'm probably missing something obvious, but here's what I need to do (working in US dates here):
    - I have a date field [RouteDate], e.g. 8/12/2012 (Aug 12)
    - I have a time field [StartTime], e.g. 12:45 (assume 24-hour time)
    - I want to combine these into a date-time field and add 10 minutes, e.g. 8/12/2012 12:55. I'm trying to create a shipment delivery time window. Of course, I want this to be time-date math, so that if the time were 23:55, my new value would be 8/13/2012 00:05.

I tried many combinations of DATEADD, DATEVALUE, TEXTTODATE but nothing seems to yield the date-time value I'm after.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.
  • 2 Comments
  •     paola November 23, 2012 12:10PM
    Hi Sarah,
    First you need to form a field that contains date and time by using a formula to merge the existing values:
    TEXTTODATE(([Date]+" "+[Time]), "dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss",true)
    Result:
    DATEADD([Date+Time], 10, "minute")

• sara_llamasoft November 24, 2012 10:28AM
    Thanks, Paola. I tried permutations of this approach. It's possible that there's an Omniscope problem here with US settings if this worked for you in other settings. Because when I use your first TEXTTODATE statement, my result is Aug 12, 2012 with no time. However, if I check it with DATETOTEXT, then I can see the correct time component. I took it a step further and went on to the DATEADD portion where I received Aug 12, 2012 12:10 PM. So it did not properly see my time component.

To make it all work correctly, I used a DATETOTEXT on your first suggested function, then back again before the DATEADD function.

Thanks for the ideas!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership