Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Date/Time: re- format durations from seconds to minutes? - Visokio Forums
Date/Time: re- format durations from seconds to minutes?
  •     JfJf November 20, 2012 10:04AM
    Hi, I am having an issue with the time format. Specially when calculating time spent on the websites, from Google Analytics, I get all the times in seconds when I export the data. I would like to display them in minutes, the problem is that it could be more than a minute, lets say 120 seconds, so when I use the "ss" formatting as an input value and then in the output (as I want it in minutes) I will use "mm".. that is my problem, it is all planned for formatting purposes but not for this type of calculations when it comes to time.

What I am intending to have is to display instead of 150 seconds, it will show up as 02:30, or 00:02:30. I hope it makes sense. Is there a solution for that? I am currently using 2.7 b442.

Reference:
    http://www.visokio.com/dates-and-times
    Juan FMV.
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate November 22, 2012 10:54AM
    Juan - when you take the difference between two Date/Time values, you do not get a fixed point in time as a result, you get an interval or a duration.

Omniscope does not currently have a "duration" format. The best solution for now is to use fractional numbers (e.g. 1.3 hours) and have a separate Text field for displaying the interval correctly formatted as a duration using a formula.
  •     JfJf November 27, 2012 6:52AM
    Perfect. Thank you Thomas, I have applied that solution. However it would be a good extension for the date formats, specially when analysing online user behaviour.

Thanks again.
    Juan FMV.
  •     paola December 20, 2012 10:42AM
    Please see below file that uses a formula to convert time duration in seconds to re-calculate and display it in HH:mm:ss.SSS format. (SSS represents miliseconds)

IF([Secs]=null,null,
    TEXTTODATE(
    MOD(INTFLOOR([Secs]/3600), 60)+
    ":"+
    MOD(INTFLOOR([Secs]/60), 60)+
    ":"+
    MOD(INTFLOOR([Secs]), 60)+
    "."+
    MOD(INTFLOOR([Secs]*1000), 1000),
    "HH:mm:ss.SSS"
    )
    )
  •     JfJf January 17, 2013 5:01AM
    Thank you Paola, it is working.
    Juan FMV.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership