Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Pivots Disappearing - Visokio Forums
Pivots Disappearing
  • stevensmith_82 December 15, 2009 4:49PM
    I have created a file that was fine but when I changed the dataset on some versions of the file then some pivots disappear off one of my tabs and are replaced with a blank space or a totally different view which can't be deleted or edited. This has also happened on some of the larger versions of the file I have created. Has anyone else had this issue?
  • 4 Comments
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] December 16, 2009 5:54PM
    Steve- make sure that you are not inadvertently reverting the Pivot View to an earlier state. If you can reproduce, file an error message and send/post a screenshot...also make sure the data type of the columns being changed is not also changing...not all data types can be used as axes in the version 2.5 Pivot View. For example, if you append a lot of new values to what was previously a Category, it may acquire too many unique values and become Text, which cannot currently be used as a axis of a Pivot Table.
  • stevensmith_82 December 18, 2009 1:30PM
    Hi, I am not reverting the pivots or changing the types of any columns, in some cases I am reducing the amount of values. The pivot tables aren't behaving like a text field but are just disappearing completely to be replaced with a completely blank space or a different view altogether. Unfortunately I can't post a screenshot due to my companies security policies
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] December 18, 2009 4:22PM
    Steven- let's escalate this to the support process..please reproduce the problem, then file a bug report using Help > Error reporting so that we can capture version information and your machine state. Then scramble the contents of the file using the Data > Scramble option and verify that the problem persists with the data scrambled and non-pivot columns deleted.Then e-mail us a message at the the private support page:
    http://www.visokio.com/private-support
  • stevensmith_82 January 13, 2010 9:28AM
    Apologies for the delay in responding to this. I will go through the steps today and send you the results.

Thanks,
    Steven

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership